Paderborn University Library (UB) is grateful for gifts that usefully supplement its stock of books and other media. Please note the following information:
- The UB can only accept gifts into its collection that correspond to its acquisition profile, which is primarily oriented towards the focus of research, teaching and studies at Paderborn University. The media must be in good condition.
- If possible, check in advance with the library catalogue whether the UB already has the titles to be handed in in its collection. As a rule, additional copies cannot be included. Older editions of a title are only of interest if they are of particular historical relevance. This also applies to outdated reference works, textbooks and legislation.
- Gifts of up to ten volumes can be handed in at the local lending desk in the entrance area of the UB without prior arrangement.
- For up to 50 titles, please first prepare a list with the respective bibliographic information (author/editor, title, publisher, place and year of publication, edition) if possible and send it by e-mail to email@example.com.
- If you have more than 50 titles, please provide as precise a description as possible of the content of the media to be submitted. Please also provide information on the age and state of preservation as well as the estimated number of titles and send this information by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As the UB does not have appropriate transport facilities, it is unfortunately not usually possible to collect the media to be returned. However, special arrangements can be made for large donations.
- Conditions attached to the donation (e.g. special labelling, separate display, restrictions on use, etc.) cannot be accepted as a matter of principle or only in particularly justified cases and require an appropriate written agreement.
- Upon special request, a donation receipt can be issued for donations that are included in the holdings and have a current value of € 100,00 or more, to be determined by the UB. The library must request this from the Central University Administration.
- When handing over the media, the donor submits a written declaration on a form according to which the library is irrevocably granted unrestricted power of disposal over the media. Media not included in the collection may be passed on to other libraries, used for a book bazaar, sold to antiquarian bookshops or sold in bulk. Gifts not included in the collection can only be returned if they are collected by the library itself and if this has been agreed in writing in advance.